Are you a professional web designer, working in the IT? If yes, then you must have realized by now that the world of web designing is an extremely dynamic and volatile one with new trends coming up every now and then. The demands of the clients vary greatly too. So, as a qualified web designer, you have to keep your eyes and ears open to everything that the client wants to communicate.
Now, whether you are a professional designer or an instructor in an institute offering web design training in Kolkata, you must be aware of what’s upcoming in the field. With the year coming to an end, here is a list of trends that you must be aware of in 2017.
- While the mobile-first approach to web designing is nothing new, it is just going to get popular and widespread in the coming years. This is primarily because mobile phones are going to be the primary devices used for browsing the web. Hence, from a design point of view, creating a site or app that effectively delivers content on a relatively smaller screen will gain increased importance.
- Responsive Design, too, has been doing rounds for quite some time now. However, what is expected in 2017 is a higher number of both big and small brands getting inclined to developing responsive-based sites. A responsive website will offer two-fold benefits, first, it will be more cost-effective and second, it will have more optimized content and, therefore, be of greater preference by Google, in terms of ranking.
- Talented web designers use illustrations that are filled with personality and echo the tone of the particular brand. Such illustrations will be on the rise in the coming year because it is through illustrations that the brands are able to put across their entire identity. Large header images, custom iconography and uniquely animated visuals will rule the design world in full swing.
- Typography, too, like illustrations, add personality to a brand. It is a visual medium that evokes emotions and sets a tone. In the coming years, there will be an expected rise in over-sized and full-screen type, which will break through the stereotypical typography.
- Photography will continue to be an important element of web designing. As opposed to canned, stock photos, there will be an increase in the importance of authentic photography. More thoughts will go into each image and, hence, reputed brands and organizations will think of hiring professional photographers as potential parts of their web design team.
So, get this in your mind and work on the trends and concepts to grow up to be a better web and UI designer.