Have you been ordering your web host service from an online provider such as GoDaddy, Wix or one of the other popular Cloud services? It may be time to switch to a dedicated server host. As a website becomes more complex over the years, it may be more difficult to run. There may also be issues with compatibility and flexibility that may arise, and that can’t be dealt with your current web host.
Here are five reasons why you need to consider switching to a dedicated server host.
1. You’ll gain better performance of your site. You can properly configure a dedicated server and be in control. You’re not sharing your network or the storage with any other customers. Bottlenecks will be a thing of the past. You can have more storage, and it can be faster, and dedicated only to your website.
2. Better transparency. If your website is experiencing issues, you’ll be in better control to diagnose network bugs. If you’re obtaining your services from elsewhere, it can be difficult to diagnose issues. Remember that you’re sharing these resources with millions of others. Plus, you may be powerless to fix them. And if there are any underlaying hardware issues, you’ll also be powerless to fix them, unless they are on a dedicated server. Many service providers simply don’t care. With your dedicated server, glitches can be easily checked and ruled out.
3. You can choose exactly what you need, and avoid complexity. Cloud-based services may offer more than you need. Remember that you’re paying for these services on a monthly basis. But with your own dedicated server, your can choose a simpler infrastructure. Remember that simpler is better, particularly for the smaller business.
4. A dedicated server is more affordable. Cloud-based services can charge an arm and a leg for services you’ll never need. These may be better for the large corporation, but not the small business owner who runs a site from home or office. Over time, a dedicated server can be a more affordable option for you. You can compare costs between the two options. Check on the CPU, RAM, storage, IPs, bandwidths, and panels when you compare these costs. You’ll quickly see how costs decrease over time with a dedicated server in your control.
5. A dedicated server will give you more freedom over Cloud services. You won’t be locked into a monthly plan. Migration can also be costly and time-consuming if you choose to go elsewhere because issues arise. When you have your own dedicated server, migration to another server or service provider is a simpler process. You can enjoy the freedom of having your own dedicated server.
Any small business can benefit from simple hosting operations. A dedicated server can be of benefit to you, particularly as your business expands and grows. While initially the Cloud service may be tempting, setting up a dedicated server from the start can give your site better performance and reliability that will have your customers returning again and again.